Use this link to subscribe in a reader

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

H&R ".22 Special" Update

So, I got the gun put together... I actually did it on my own and it was a pain in the ass.

Then, I took it to a gunsmith, Ray Booze, who was VERY knowledgeable and had tons of insight to give me.

It turns out that there are a couple more parts missing than I had thought. He also mentioned that this particular model, in the state it's in, might not be the safest gun to be shooting. The cylinders don't seat all that perfectly so there's a chance that the bullet will actually rub the entrance of the bore which might spit lead out the side of the cylinder. He said that he might have the parts to fix it, however, in case I want to go that route. So, this gun might just get a nice comfy spot in the back of the safe.

No comments: