Use this link to subscribe in a reader

Sunday, June 15, 2008

I am a very happy man.

To dispel the notion that I am an angry person... Someone left a message in my last post saying that I am an angry person. I am by no means an angry person. In fact, I am a very happy person. But I am angry about a few things. I am angry that the people that we have elected to govern our great nation have seemed to take matters into their own hands. It seems that they've forgotten that the government is "of the people by the people for the people" and not of the elite corporate types by the cronyism and lobbyists, for the...well, I'm not sure who they're doing it for...themselves I guess, because they're not doing much for us.

For a long time I was politically apathetic, I didn't really care what was going on. I'm not really sure why. Maybe because everything seemed fine. But, readers of the interwebs, everything is not fine. Our rights/liberties are being shirked and shunned at alarming rates by people who we've elected and appointed into office. There is a large group of people (liberals) who would abolish/repeal/ignore/whatever the 2nd amendment out of hand. They just don't think that law abiding citizens should be able to defend themselves against the criminals, who happen to be largely on their side, politically. I mean, why wouldn't they be? The liberals are giving them pardons, taking away our right to self defense making it easier for them to commit crimes against us, generally making it easier to commit crimes and get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist and much much more....for one low price of a vote. The liberals bow to the "hip hop culture" which promotes violence, murder, rape, misogynistic behavior, etc. They don't seem to place much emphasis on personal responsibility and accountability. They believe that it's a collective problem and that it's more my fault (the victim) and the gun's fault (the tool) than the fault of the scumbag (or they'd say Gentleman) pulling the trigger.

They've got a guy, Barack Obama, that's campaigning on feelings of "Hope and Change" but with little else (if anything) to back him up. People are fawning over this guy as if he's some sort of Messiah or metaphysical being that is here to "help us evolve". What has this guy EVER done? Have his followers ever asked that question or do they just see this handsome black dude that speaks better than anyone else running (or our incumbent president)? He's saying hope change hope change blah blah blah....where's the substance? What has he ever done? What bills has he ever gotten passed? I know that he was involved in some sort of scam real estate deal with Tony Reszko that got him a pretty sweet deal. So, that's cool....for him. And he's got a wife that boasts of never having been proud of America until her husband ran for office....WTF is that about?

That the government can be bought has me angry. That habeas corpus (4th amendment) is all but gone has me angry. That DC vs Heller will say that the 2nd amendment is an individual right has me happy.

As for hope and change....I have plenty of both. I hope that we change our government back to the way it should be, where it is of the people by the people and for the people for the pursuit of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Neither Obama nor Mccain are what we need. People neglected to see that Ron Paul's views could help us get back to where we don't hate our government. They're too big (government) and we're to small (the people)even though we have population on them. They've divided us. At this rate....we're doomed.

Hope and change? If he wins...I don't think his supporters will really be happy, I don't think anyone will be happy about the things that happen.

Time will tell.

No comments: