Use this link to subscribe in a reader

Thursday, June 5, 2008

The pH factor...

This is a great post by David Codrea at the "War on Guns" blog. I'd never seen it until he emailed me a link today. Brilliant barometer for our social degeneracy.
He did google searches for two different PH's....Paris Hilton and Patrick Henry to see how many hits each one would get. She got a few less than 6.1 million or so and he got 885,000. that's a 1:7 ratio. Now, the ration is a little more dramatic 1:24.
Obviously Patrick Henry is more important but Paris Hilton seems to get all the attention. Why? because she's "pretty" (some people actually think so), smart (don't count on it), rich, has a sex tape? Why does America, or the world for that matter, care so much about people like her? What have they done for us? Have they made any strides such as the Stamp Act Resolution or were they drafters of the Bill of Rights I don't think so.

Have any of these people that Americans so relish every spoken anything so eloquent as Patrick Henry when he said, "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"?

I don't think so. Could they?

No comments: