Use this link to subscribe in a reader

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Firearm waiting periods...

As I sit here waiting out my waiting period to take possession of my new GSG 5, I wonder why must I wait? What have I done that I can't pay for and take possession of my rifle and go kill some paper? I've done nothing....just like the waiting period laws. They've done nothing. In fact, murder rates rose after the introduction of longer waiting periods. Has anyone stopped to think that we have so much crime, not because guns exist....but because morals don't....and scumbags do. I'm sure it's far more complicated than that but why is the US so crime ridden? Families don't stay together or even eat together anymore. Television shows don't send a message anymore, a la Gentle Ben, Flipper, Brady Bunch, etc., now they push drinking, drugs, promiscuity, etc. Think MTV and "reality" tv. These things are helping to destroy America in my book.

So, I have to wait.... While I wait, I'll read the rest of this study by Clayton Cramer about the affect waiting periods have had on murder.....none.

http://www.claytoncramer.com/cawait2.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you shouldn't watch so much TV you moron.

DJK said...

I watch about an hour a month of tv....but thanks for playing.

DJK said...

Why is always the tough Aussies that post anonymously?

Mithras61 said...

Unfortunately, most crimes that involve firearms are committed with stolen firearms. As has been said over and over and over, laws regulating firearms only affect the law abiding. Criminals disregard the laws, so legal restrictions are meaningless to them. Countries that rstrict access to firearms for their citizens have generally experienced an increase in violent crime (ala Great Britain, which I understand is now looking at banning pointy sticks & rocks, because the bans on guns & knives only lead to more violence, and banning hats didn't have much effect one way or the other. Yes, they did ban hats in pubs as a way to fight crime. I don't get it, but anyway...).

The problem is not so much TV as it is the failure of parents to be parents (too many want to be friends with their kids instead of a mom or dad).

As to the brave "anonymous" above, name calling & rude comments are to be expected from the weak-kneed. Calling someone names is juvenile. If you can't post a rational comment, perhaps you should simply go elsewhere.

DJK said...

"The problem is not so much TV as it is the failure of parents to be parents (too many want to be friends with their kids instead of a mom or dad)."


I agree completely... But, my post turned into a a sort of tangential rant so I kept the reigns tight and didn't stray too far.