Use this link to subscribe in a reader

Monday, July 28, 2008

Letter from Dianne Feinstein about ending marijuana prohibition

Man...these politicians can't really be this dense, can they?

Here's the response I got from Dianne Feinstein when I wrote to her about marijuana prohibition. I figured that since she's a liberal that she would 'feel' for the people and hold similar beliefs. I might have been right in my thinking except for the fact that liberals are anti liberty....I forgot about that part. Here's her response - canned drivel.



Dear Mr. K:

Thank you for your letter expressing your opinion on the legalization of marijuana.

Please know that I do not support the legalization of any narcotic drugs, including marijuana. My convictions on this matter have been developed over many years of experience in criminal justice, including nine years as a mayor who worked very closely with the law enforcement community. I know the tragedy that drug abuse causes in the lives of the addicted and on victims of drug-related crimes and their families. I have seen the devastation drugs can inflict on a community.

I do recognize that marijuana may have medicinal properties that could alleviate conditions such as AIDS-related wasting and chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. I do not oppose further research on the potential medical efficacy of marijuana and support compassionate use in medical situations when prescribed by a physician in writing for serious and/or catastrophic illnesses.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. I also urge you to utilize my website, http://feinstein.senate.gov, to keep up to date with current Senate activities and the work I am doing for California.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at

No comments: