Let's have some fun enumerating and identifying at least some of the numerous lies Barack Obama told during Wednesday's night's 3rd and final Presidential debate.
1. Barack denied beginning his campaign for the Illinois Senate in the living room of terrorist Bill Ayers. That is a lie. The record from all of those who were there say it is true. Not only that but Ayers helped bankroll Obama's campaigns for the Illinois legislature, along with convicted felon Tony Rezko.
2. Barack said that Bill Ayers is 'a university professor in Chicago,' insinuating that he has moved beyond his terrorist past. That is a lie. The truth is that Bill Ayers never repudiated his bombing of the Pentagon, Congress, and several other structures during the 60s, and in 2001 he stated 'he wished he had done more.' Ayers is nothing more than an extremist Leftwing radical to this very day.
3. Barack stated that the Annenberg Foundation, which funded Ayers' radical Leftwing educational program, is a mainstream organization made up of many Republicans. And this legitimizes their funding for Ayers how? Ayers' educational program, which Obama worked for, is not about education but about political extremism and raising up a generation of Leftwing radicals. The 'education' moniker is nothing but a front for the organization's subversive political goals.
4. Barack has identified anyone making $250,000 as 'rich,' including small business owners who include their companies' profits together with any compensation they may have received as a sub-chapter 'S' corporation or an 'LLC.' That is a lie. These small business owners are not rich. They do provide jobs, however. And Barack wants to raise their taxes at a troublesome time in the economy. This is part of his 'Robin Hood' approach to steal from others to give money to the poor. 'Plumber Joe' is a good example. Barack brushed aside his complaints about taxes and told him he wanted to 'spread the wealth around.' Joe is not wealthy, Barack.
5, Barack claims pro-life and pro-abortion folk can 'come together and find common ground.' That is a lie. It is impossible for those who value human life to find common ground with someone who supports infanticide. Barack is one of the most rabid pro-abortion advocates in the country, and he supported a bill that would remove ANY and ALL restrictions on any type of abortion at any time during the pregnancy. THIS is unconscionable.
6. Barack stated he voted to withhold medical care from babies who survive abortion attempts because Illinois already had such a law on the books. That is patently FALSE. The issue came up as a result of a specific case where a doctor botched an abortion and the staff took the baby, which was still alive, put it in a dark closet, and denied water and food and medical care to the infant. The proposed law would have prevented that atrocity. Barack voted against preventing such atrocities.
7. Barack says repeatedly he wants a tax cut for 95% of Americans. That is a lie. He wants the Bush tax cuts to expire, which will immediately give Americans the largest single tax increase in U.S. history. You can't claim you are for tax cuts if you want the Bush tax cuts to expire. That means ALL of us will pay higher taxes.
8. Barack blames Republicans for the economic troubles in the housing industry. That is a lie. Look no further than the Democratic Congress and Democrats such as Chris Dodd, Charles Rangel, and Barney Frank, and you will find who is to blame. Even Barack had cozy deals with Fannie and Freddie's CEOs, and it was Fannie and Freddie that started this whole mess. Plus, don't forget the Democrats have controlled Congress for 2 years, not Republicans.
9. Barack lied about the McCain record in Congress and even his own non-record. He blames McCain for voting for budgets submitted by the President, although they had been tweaked by Congress, when a majority of both Parties in Congress voted for them or else they would not have passed. But then, Barack isn't really in a position to know what happens in Congress. He has been out campaigning for President during the entirety of his short, 2-year Senate career.
10. Barack lied about the McCain healthcare plan leading to employers dropping workers from coverage. In fact, BARACK's centralized government-controlled healthcare plan is a sure-fire way to motivate employers to drop their employees from coverage. They will simply conclude that since government is going to do it, then why should they?
And then, it's hello Canada and Great Britain with their disastrous national healthcare plans. You had better hope you stay VERY healthy if Barack Obama is elected President.
Thus, the debate on Wednesday night did nothing but confirm that Barack can calmly and reassuringly look you in the eye and tell one lie after another like a smooth-talking used car salesman on a back lot in the south side of Chicago.
Friday, October 17, 2008